Sunday, April 1, 2007

What A Week

Wednesday I received a call telling me that my glucose tolerance test that I took at 28 weeks to check for gestational diabetes had come back borderline so I needed to take a 3-hour test. I spent Thursday morning at the lab donating time and blood having fasted. Now I just need to await the results. I was also informed that I'm suffering from anemia so now I'm taking "horse" tablets to help with that.

Friday was my birthday. I got up to find my husband and siblings had decorated the kitchen with banners and balloons and organised that John would go to work late. Conrad and MC had been to Safeway the day before and bought waffles, strawberries and fresh croissants. I was certainly spoilt. I did very little during the day, just a little gardening. Thank you to everyone for their beautiful selection of gifts. I'd said I didn't want to go out for dinner so Nora cooked us roast beef, yorkshire pudding and roast potatoes followed by cheesecake. I don't think anyone could eat anything else by the end.

Saturday - well it was laundry day, but around 1.30pm having just cooked my cheese on toast, my neighbour, Sheree, called to tell me she had an emergency and needed my help there and then and could I just pop over. I put the cheese on toast down and walked over. She told me that everyone was mad so I would have to go in first. Opened the front door and there was an amazing selection of my friends. Yup they'd organised a surprise Baby Shower. You'll all be glad to know that I was at a loss for words, but I will never believe a word again from Lisa, Janet, Sheree and Joy. I've discovered that they can all lie so easily. I'm going to be spending the next week going through all the gifts that we've received and writing thank you notes to everyone. For those of you who participated....THANK YOU

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurra for deg some fyller ditt år

Hurra for deg som fyller ditt år
Ja, deg vil vi gratulere
Alle i ring omkring deg vi står
og se, nå vil vi marsjere
Bukke, nikke neie, snu oss omkring
Danse for deg med hopp og sprett og spring
Ønske deg av hjertet alle gode ting
Og si meg så hva vil du mere - Gratulere!

Høyt våre flagg vi svinger, Hurra!
Ja nå vil vi riktig feste
Dagen er din, og dagen er bra
Men du er den aller beste
Se deg om i ringen hvem du vil ta
Dans en liten dans med den du helst vil ha
Vi vil alle sammen svinge oss så glad
Og en av oss skal bli den neste - til å feste...

Beklager at jeg glemte a skrive deg pa riktig dag.
stor klem
take care
tatiana

sigrid said...

For those of you who don't understand this is my friend from college in Norway, Tatiana - who is actually Italian, but now married to a German and living in Germany. Anyway the words are the Norwegian birthday song.